It's times like yesterday when I really like not owning a car and driving everywhere. When you walk, you become a part of your local community environment - for one, you're more inclined to shop locally (say, supporting the corner mom & pop grocery market or co-op as opposed to the impersonal, industrial Safeway or Costco supergiants). Most of all, however, when you walk, you don't blast through life - you actually see it and experience it.
These were taken in the Mission Dolores neighborhood on a rainy afternoon on the way to some good Mexican food in the Mission District.
I love how the real ventilation chimneys and electric lines become part of the mural
Women's health center in the Mission District
Even on a cold, WINDY, and rainy day, walking can yield some wonderful surprises :-)
Oooh, I love top one. It's almost playful!
ReplyDeleteALSO: Holy crap, really?! HE MET HIM?! Like spoke with?!!! Details, yo!